February 20, 2018
Post date: Feb 20, 2018 5:26:30 PM
1. Two 8th grade former RDLS students, Maya Burkstrand & Bridget Foley, shared information about a Book Drive they are organizing. Their goal is to give each RDLS student 1-2 books to take home and keep before summer vacation. There will be a collection box for books at school. There will be a flyer with more information coming home soon. They are also looking for support in a few areas:
1. Resources to get donated books, especially Spanish books.
2. Parents willing to help level and distribute books later in the spring
***If you have ideas for them or would like to help with this project please email email@example.com or text 651-373-2130
2. Sra. Marta gave a detailed presentation describing the budgeting process for the school district generally, and RDLS specificallly.
3. A Core Planning Group is being formed to help plan how facilities referendum money will be used at RDLS. Sra. Marta is looking for 15-25 people to take part in this group, representing diverse members of our community: Teachers, staff, and both Spanish and English speaking parents. The group will meet 4-6 times for 90 minutes each time, likely on Tuesdays at 2:30 beginning next week. If you are interested in being part of this group, please contact Sra. Marta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-798-6701. Share your voice!
4. The playground expansion is scheduled for this summer and will include a sport surface and soccer goals between RDLS and STEM buildings.
5. Pizza Luce fundraiser night coming up on March 5th.
6. Annual Parents nigh Out and Silent Auction will be held April 14th at the VFW.
7. Family movie night with a showing of the movie Coco will be held on March 16th.