PTSO Info‎ > ‎

Meeting Minutes


 
The PTSO meets the third Tuesday of every month during the school year. On this page, you will find meeting minutes.

May 21st, 2019 - Meeting Minutes

posted May 22, 2019, 12:17 PM by Nicole Engel

Board Nominees and Voting for 2019-2020

  1. We have the ballot, which we will not hand out unless we need to.
  2. We open the floor for someone to nominate themselves or nominate someone else. No nominees added.
  3. We have 3 open positions -
  4. Nominees
    1. Roxana Bailey- spanish speaking co-president
    2. Katie Gross - Fundraising Coordinator - she was on the team
    3. Luis De la Riva - Volunteer coordinator
  5. Motion accepted and seconded
  6. Our board is very committed to having Spanish speaking members.

Sra. Marta’s announcements

  1. Amities for the fall - confirmed 3 young women from Spain. They have experience with young children. Our 4th candidate we will get in mid-June to decide if we would like to approve one more.
    1. Amity coordinator - Christine Waltz - connect host families with amities - we need to find a new coordinator because Christine has stepped down.  If you are interested, please let me or Christine know.
      1. Will there be 1 amity at RMS?  Yes- the coordinator can do both RDLS and RMS, or one coordinator for each school.
    2. We have confirmed host families for the 3 amities
  2. Non-returning teachers -
    1. Julie Knopp, K - took a job traveling, we have a substitute until the end of the year
    2. Sarita Rabe, K
    3. Miquel Blanes, 2nd
    4. Tomas Gonda, 3rd - retiring
    5. Victor Torres, 3rd - going back to Spain after the 3 year program has expired
    6. Jorge Guiral, 5th
    7. Laura Hofer, ESL
    8. Ken Friel, Math Interventionist - moving to RMS because his position was reduced to a .6
    9. Tania Hultengren, SpEd - going to Bloomington
  3. Budget decisions were made based on full-time allocations by the district and district decisions to keep specialists at full time to prevent movement from other schools.
    1. We had to make a decision and HR and accounting told us to be consistent with the other buildings
    2. Sarah Miziorko from RMS will be joining RDLS as the math interventionist
    3. Our student engagement specialist position was posted today for 5 days a week.  This is a paraprofessional position. The role is to be proactive and create plans for students that need extra support, and also support teachers in creating community in the classroom.
  4. Thank you to the PTSO for all of the support you have given RDLS throughout the school year.  The financial support is greatly appreciated, and it is always appreciated to have food for conferences


29th May, 6pm-8pm - End of the Year Picnic/Potluck!

  1. We need extra tables for food.

Amanda from RPS district office & Janet, VP from CEL branding

  1. Project to look at RPS logo, tag line, and change it.
  2. After many sessions, we came up with a logo, and got feedback, and the new logo (2nd version) is presented tonight.  
    1. Visuals - vibrant, forward-moving, innovative district
    2. Solid contemporary brand, the R in the logo was different in 45 of 60 slides, so we needed to make the R unified and consistent.  It is a hand drawn R. The history of the diamonds at RHS awning and spartan diamonds will be incorporated into the R.
  3. Recommendation is to keep each school’s mascot - butterfly and book can be on t-shirts
  4. The new color is cardinal red (2nd version)
  5. RDLS -  Richfield Dual Language Elementary vs. Richfield Dual Language School is currently being discussed by leadership
  6. 4 Pillars - Enriching and Accelerating Learning
  7. Real community
  8. Personalized Learning
  9. Brand Manual will come out and be translated when brand is adopted by the school board

Treasurer's report circulated

Adjorned


May 21st, 2019 - Meeting Minutes

posted May 22, 2019, 12:12 PM by Nicole Engel

Board Nominees and Voting for 2019-2020

  1. We have the ballot, which we will not hand out unless we need to.
  2. We open the floor for someone to nominate themselves or nominate someone else. No nominees added.
  3. We have 3 open positions -
  4. Nominees
    1. Roxana Bailey- spanish speaking co-president
    2. Katie Gross - Fundraising Coordinator - she was on the team
    3. Luis De la Riva - Volunteer coordinator
  5. Motion accepted and seconded
  6. Our board is very committed to having Spanish speaking members.

Sra. Marta’s announcements

  1. Amities for the fall - confirmed 3 young women from Spain. They have experience with young children. Our 4th candidate we will get in mid-June to decide if we would like to approve one more.
    1. Amity coordinator - Christine Waltz - connect host families with amities - we need to find a new coordinator because Christine has stepped down.  If you are interested, please let me or Christine know.
      1. Will there be 1 amity at RMS?  Yes- the coordinator can do both RDLS and RMS, or one coordinator for each school.
    2. We have confirmed host families for the 3 amities
  2. Non-returning teachers -
    1. Julie Knopp, K - took a job traveling, we have a substitute until the end of the year
    2. Sarita Rabe, K
    3. Miquel Blanes, 2nd
    4. Tomas Gonda, 3rd - retiring
    5. Victor Torres, 3rd - going back to Spain after the 3 year program has expired
    6. Jorge Guiral, 5th
    7. Laura Hofer, ESL
    8. Ken Friel, Math Interventionist - moving to RMS because his position was reduced to a .6
    9. Tania Hultengren, SpEd - going to Bloomington
  3. Budget decisions were made based on full-time allocations by the district and district decisions to keep specialists at full time to prevent movement from other schools.
    1. We had to make a decision and HR and accounting told us to be consistent with the other buildings
    2. Sarah Miziorko from RMS will be joining RDLS as the math interventionist
    3. Our student engagement specialist position was posted today for 5 days a week.  This is a paraprofessional position. The role is to be proactive and create plans for students that need extra support, and also support teachers in creating community in the classroom.
  4. Thank you to the PTSO for all of the support you have given RDLS throughout the school year.  The financial support is greatly appreciated, and it is always appreciated to have food for conferences


29th May, 6pm-8pm - End of the Year Picnic/Potluck!

  1. We need extra tables for food.

Amanda from RPS district office & Janet, VP from CEL branding

  1. Project to look at RPS logo, tag line, and change it.
  2. After many sessions, we came up with a logo, and got feedback, and the new logo (2nd version) is presented tonight.  
    1. Visuals - vibrant, forward-moving, innovative district
    2. Solid contemporary brand, the R in the logo was different in 45 of 60 slides, so we needed to make the R unified and consistent.  It is a hand drawn R. The history of the diamonds at RHS awning and spartan diamonds will be incorporated into the R.
  3. Recommendation is to keep each school’s mascot - butterfly and book can be on t-shirts
  4. The new color is cardinal red (2nd version)
  5. RDLS -  Richfield Dual Language Elementary vs. Richfield Dual Language School is currently being discussed by leadership
  6. 4 Pillars - Enriching and Accelerating Learning
  7. Real community
  8. Personalized Learning
  9. Brand Manual will come out and be translated when brand is adopted by the school board

Treasurer's report circulated

Adjorned


May 21st, 2019 - Meeting Minutes

posted May 22, 2019, 12:11 PM by Nicole Engel

Board Nominees and Voting for 2019-2020

  1. We have the ballot, which we will not hand out unless we need to.
  2. We open the floor for someone to nominate themselves or nominate someone else. No nominees added.
  3. We have 3 open positions -
  4. Nominees
    1. Roxana Bailey- spanish speaking co-president
    2. Katie Gross - Fundraising Coordinator - she was on the team
    3. Luis De la Riva - Volunteer coordinator
  5. Motion accepted and seconded
  6. Our board is very committed to having Spanish speaking members.

Sra. Marta’s announcements

  1. Amities for the fall - confirmed 3 young women from Spain. They have experience with young children. Our 4th candidate we will get in mid-June to decide if we would like to approve one more.
    1. Amity coordinator - Christine Waltz - connect host families with amities - we need to find a new coordinator because Christine has stepped down.  If you are interested, please let me or Christine know.
      1. Will there be 1 amity at RMS?  Yes- the coordinator can do both RDLS and RMS, or one coordinator for each school.
    2. We have confirmed host families for the 3 amities
  2. Non-returning teachers -
    1. Julie Knopp, K - took a job traveling, we have a substitute until the end of the year
    2. Sarita Rabe, K
    3. Miquel Blanes, 2nd
    4. Tomas Gonda, 3rd - retiring
    5. Victor Torres, 3rd - going back to Spain after the 3 year program has expired
    6. Jorge Guiral, 5th
    7. Laura Hofer, ESL
    8. Ken Friel, Math Interventionist - moving to RMS because his position was reduced to a .6
    9. Tania Hultengren, SpEd - going to Bloomington
  3. Budget decisions were made based on full-time allocations by the district and district decisions to keep specialists at full time to prevent movement from other schools.
    1. We had to make a decision and HR and accounting told us to be consistent with the other buildings
    2. Sarah Miziorko from RMS will be joining RDLS as the math interventionist
    3. Our student engagement specialist position was posted today for 5 days a week.  This is a paraprofessional position. The role is to be proactive and create plans for students that need extra support, and also support teachers in creating community in the classroom.
  4. Thank you to the PTSO for all of the support you have given RDLS throughout the school year.  The financial support is greatly appreciated, and it is always appreciated to have food for conferences


29th May, 6pm-8pm - End of the Year Picnic/Potluck!

  1. We need extra tables for food.

Amanda from RPS district office & Janet, VP from CEL branding

  1. Project to look at RPS logo, tag line, and change it.
  2. After many sessions, we came up with a logo, and got feedback, and the new logo (2nd version) is presented tonight.  
    1. Visuals - vibrant, forward-moving, innovative district
    2. Solid contemporary brand, the R in the logo was different in 45 of 60 slides, so we needed to make the R unified and consistent.  It is a hand drawn R. The history of the diamonds at RHS awning and spartan diamonds will be incorporated into the R.
  3. Recommendation is to keep each school’s mascot - butterfly and book can be on t-shirts
  4. The new color is cardinal red (2nd version)
  5. RDLS -  Richfield Dual Language Elementary vs. Richfield Dual Language School is currently being discussed by leadership
  6. 4 Pillars - Enriching and Accelerating Learning
  7. Real community
  8. Personalized Learning
  9. Brand Manual will come out and be translated when brand is adopted by the school board

Treasurer's report circulated

Adjorned


May 21st, 2019 - Meeting Minutes

posted May 22, 2019, 12:11 PM by Nicole Engel

Board Nominees and Voting for 2019-2020

  1. We have the ballot, which we will not hand out unless we need to.
  2. We open the floor for someone to nominate themselves or nominate someone else. No nominees added.
  3. We have 3 open positions -
  4. Nominees
    1. Roxana Bailey- spanish speaking co-president
    2. Katie Gross - Fundraising Coordinator - she was on the team
    3. Luis De la Riva - Volunteer coordinator
  5. Motion accepted and seconded
  6. Our board is very committed to having Spanish speaking members.

Sra. Marta’s announcements

  1. Amities for the fall - confirmed 3 young women from Spain. They have experience with young children. Our 4th candidate we will get in mid-June to decide if we would like to approve one more.
    1. Amity coordinator - Christine Waltz - connect host families with amities - we need to find a new coordinator because Christine has stepped down.  If you are interested, please let me or Christine know.
      1. Will there be 1 amity at RMS?  Yes- the coordinator can do both RDLS and RMS, or one coordinator for each school.
    2. We have confirmed host families for the 3 amities
  2. Non-returning teachers -
    1. Julie Knopp, K - took a job traveling, we have a substitute until the end of the year
    2. Sarita Rabe, K
    3. Miquel Blanes, 2nd
    4. Tomas Gonda, 3rd - retiring
    5. Victor Torres, 3rd - going back to Spain after the 3 year program has expired
    6. Jorge Guiral, 5th
    7. Laura Hofer, ESL
    8. Ken Friel, Math Interventionist - moving to RMS because his position was reduced to a .6
    9. Tania Hultengren, SpEd - going to Bloomington
  3. Budget decisions were made based on full-time allocations by the district and district decisions to keep specialists at full time to prevent movement from other schools.
    1. We had to make a decision and HR and accounting told us to be consistent with the other buildings
    2. Sarah Miziorko from RMS will be joining RDLS as the math interventionist
    3. Our student engagement specialist position was posted today for 5 days a week.  This is a paraprofessional position. The role is to be proactive and create plans for students that need extra support, and also support teachers in creating community in the classroom.
  4. Thank you to the PTSO for all of the support you have given RDLS throughout the school year.  The financial support is greatly appreciated, and it is always appreciated to have food for conferences


29th May, 6pm-8pm - End of the Year Picnic/Potluck!

  1. We need extra tables for food.

Amanda from RPS district office & Janet, VP from CEL branding

  1. Project to look at RPS logo, tag line, and change it.
  2. After many sessions, we came up with a logo, and got feedback, and the new logo (2nd version) is presented tonight.  
    1. Visuals - vibrant, forward-moving, innovative district
    2. Solid contemporary brand, the R in the logo was different in 45 of 60 slides, so we needed to make the R unified and consistent.  It is a hand drawn R. The history of the diamonds at RHS awning and spartan diamonds will be incorporated into the R.
  3. Recommendation is to keep each school’s mascot - butterfly and book can be on t-shirts
  4. The new color is cardinal red (2nd version)
  5. RDLS -  Richfield Dual Language Elementary vs. Richfield Dual Language School is currently being discussed by leadership
  6. 4 Pillars - Enriching and Accelerating Learning
  7. Real community
  8. Personalized Learning
  9. Brand Manual will come out and be translated when brand is adopted by the school board

Treasurer's report circulated

Adjorned


April 16, 2019 - Meeting Minutes

posted Apr 17, 2019, 12:11 PM by Nicole Engel

  1. Amities
    1. Interviewed 4; invited 3 for the 2019-2020 school year
    2. 1 has accepted; waiting on 2 more
  2. Dress Code Policy Feedback
    1. District is revising lots of policies – wants feedback from parents before they revise the policy
    2. Comments:
      1. Policy says only sweaters with a school logo; Marta does not require this, but policy should reflect this.
        1. Plain black and burgundy sweaters, cardigans, or hoodies (hood has to be worn down).
      2. School “spirit” shirts can now be worn any day of the week. Only requirement is shirt has RDLS logo on it. 
      3. Exemptions from wearing a uniform: must be approved by Marta. Exemptions might be for religious reasons (for an entire year), or for a day (Girl Scouts).
  3. Planning 2019-2020
    1. Review, analyze what we’ve done
    2. Title I: supplemental funds to assist in meeting student’s educational goals
      1. Documents that we need your input
        1. Parent and Family Engagement (PFE)
          1. Want to establish partnerships with parents and the community; neither home or school can do the work alone.
          2. Need to do much more work to engage Latino families; individual phone calls, relationship-building; Latino Family Association meetings.
          3. Possibility for having PTSO meetings externally? At an apartment complex, community center, etc.
        2. Parent Compact
          1. Learning agreement between parent, student, school
          2. Received during Open House (2018) – will be distributed at Open House in 2019 as well
        3. School Improvement Plan
          1. In June we will prepare a plan for 2019-2020
          2. PFE will be included in the School Involvement Plan
  4. Packing classrooms for construction
    1. If teachers need assistance with packing, the PTSO will put out a request!
  5. Q: How much was raised at the Silent Auction? ~$5,000 - waiting for final numbers

 

March 19th, 2019 - General Meeting Minutes

posted Mar 22, 2019, 3:17 PM by Nicole Engel


  1. Call to Order
  2. Guest speaker: Cynthy Mandl 
    1. Richfield Friendship City Commision; our friendship city is Heredia, Costa Rica (since 1991)
      1. Program where a US city has a relationship with a foreign city
    2. Photo exhibit of Costa Rican wildlife
      1. Family friendly event; refreshments provided at reception on April 6th, 1:00-3:00pm at Richfield Community Center
  3. 501c3 status: 
    1. Process has begun!
    2. Formalizes our organization; will open up more fundraising/donation activities from businesses who will be able to claim the donations on their taxes
    3. Exciting opportunity to grow the work of the PTSO!
    4. Katie Sheperd is heading up this effort. Thank you Katie!
  4. Fundraising Update
    1. Read-a-Thon Update
      1. Students raised over $1500
      2. Many thanks to Emily Gold for an incredible month! Lots of creativity and time went into her plan.
    2. Silent Auction April 13th, Local Roots Café -- 5:30pm-whenever
      1. Collapsing Stars (band) will be playing at the event
      2. Biggest fundraiser of the year; need donations from parents, friends, family, community members, businesses!
      3. Donations: what are we looking for?
        1. Monetary donations to assist with overhead costs
        2. Basket donations
          1. Each grade is doing a basket – children will be asking for donations
        3. Service donations - do you have a skill or trade you could offer up? 
          1. Knitting lessons, car detailing, home-cooked meal, etc. Anything you think someone might be willing to spend money on!
        4. Wine bottles
          1. Looking for donated bottles of wine for a wine pull
  5. End of the year picnic, May 29at Veterans Park
    1. More info coming!
  6. Open PTSO Board Positions for 2019-2021 School Year
    1. Spanish-speaking co-president
    2. Volunteer Coordinator
    3. Fundraising Coordinator
  7. News from Marta
    1. 1 amity has been solidified for next year
    2. If interested in hosting an amity speak to Sra. Marta or anyone on the board!
  8. Sra. Taylor: wanted to thank the PTSO for funding the choir’s performance at the MOA
    1. Choir will next be performing at Richfield’s Empty Bowls event, March 28th
    2. Is looking for guitar and piano teachers willing to offer group music lessons with the Community Education program – a more affordable way to provide music lessons – do you know anyone?
  9. Polly: specialist night was really phenomenal! 
  10. Adjourn

February 19th, 2019 - PTSO Meeting Minutes

posted Feb 19, 2019, 7:12 AM by Nicole Engel

Coffee with the Principal - Sra. Marta's Agenda
  • Packing for school construction
    • Two evenings – school will be open until 9pm
    • Only a few adults – teachers will plan
      • April 19th
      • May 17th
    • Saturday packing – morning or afternoon
      • Teachers are voting on soon
  • Kinder Registration Night
    • Number registered – 47, this is a good number to start
    • Number of classes – not able to say yet; will be set in May
  • Amities
    • Correction from last meeting: application fee $1600 each
    • Requesting 3 + 1
      • Need to write two requests – one for the 3 we already have, one for the extra one we are requesting
    • Stipend increased to $2400 – for 10 months, $240/month
      • We are able to have control over the money this year, and can divide it and dispense it in the way that works best for the amities. This will allow us to avoid the amities having such a long wait between when they start and when they first get payment.
    • Extra stipend to help with lunch? $400/amity
      • District says they cannot assist with this
  • Survey
  • RDLS Families Facebook
    • Purpose: sharing and requesting school-related information
    • What happens on the facebook page impacts the school – page is for the sharing of information, not the airing of grievances. Take grievances to the person/group directly!
  • Next morning meeting will be a big meeting! 
  • Have a great month :)

January 15th, 2019 Meeting Minutes

posted Jan 17, 2019, 11:01 AM by RDLS PTSO

  • Welcome! – Polly, PTSO co-president
  • 5thgrade choir performance
    • 1styear, bilingual choir, led by music teacher Sra. Taylor
  • Fundraising updates
    • Next Family Fun Night moved to Friday, Feb. 1st, 6:00pm
      • Theme: Dance Night!
      • Need volunteers; please sign up on Facebook or here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0e48a5a622abf49-family
    • February is Read-a-Thon month. 
      • Emily Gold organizes this event.
      • Need volunteers to help count minutes, etc. 
    • Silent Auction: April 13th
      • Hosted at Local Roots
      • Auction items that can be bid on; money raised goes to PTSO
      • Need auction items! Can be things (a gift basket) or experiences (cooking a meal for a family)
  • Richfield Ward 3: Action needed!
    • Announcement by Abby Whalen, Ben Whalen’s wife
    • Ben is running to replace Maria Regan Gonzalez’s seat on city council
    • February 12th– special election for city council ward 3
    • Ben is active in the city of Richfield, background in community organizing; goals for his city council seat are inclusion and bringing those who are most impacted by Richfield policies to the decision-making table. See more here: https://www.whalenforrichfield.com
  • Budget update: Emily, treasurer
    • “Where does the money we/the PTSO fundraises for go?”
    • 2018-2019 school year thus far:
      • Spirit t-shirts for all students
      • Food for teacher conferences
      • Movie licenses (Family Movie Nights)
      • Teacher reimbursements ($100 per teacher; $150 per new teacher)
      • New Book of the Month program
      • Gifts for teachers – beginning of year and holiday (x2)
      • Food for PTSO meetings (x2)
      • Choir request (transportation to MOA)
  • Updates from Sra. Marta
    • RDLS & STEM – remodel this summer
      • Packing begins next week!
      • Teachers will be working with room parents to plan packing their rooms. May be a need for parent volunteers – look for asks from your students’ room parents.
    • Amities: international Spanish-speaking teaching assistants
      • Request for next year are in – requesting 4 amities
      • Ask: please help us look for host families! Will stay with a host family for 5 months, then switch. 
      • Amities are not employees of the district, they are volunteers who receive a small stipend - $220/month.
        • Stipend is paid for by the district now – used to be paid for by PTSO fundraising.
    • What do I need to be a host family?
      • A private bedroom for the amity and to provide the amities with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 
      • Host families do not need to have a student at RDLS!
  • Thank you for your time!

Meeting Minutes - December 18th, 2018

posted Dec 21, 2018, 8:44 AM by Nicole Engel

  1. Updates
    1. Latin American Festival 
      1. Friday, Dec. 21st
      2. 9:00-10:00 (K-2nd)
      3. 10:15-11:15 (choir + 3rd-5th) 
  2. Furniture selection currently happening for the remodel
    1. Remodel – bulk will be done this summer, but won’t be entirely complete until January 2020.
    2. Furniture will be consistent across the district – all kindergarten classes will have the same furniture, etc.
  3. Packing directions: January meeting with teachers
    1. Classes end 6/5; everything needs to be packed 6/6.
    2. Possibly we’ll need volunteers…Marta will let us know after January meeting.
  4. PreK Registration
    1. Registration is open right now!
    2. Register at Central
  5. Kindergarten registration
    1. January 17th– 5:30-7:30pm
  6. RDLS School-Wide Language Policy
    1. In order to promote our students’ bilingual development, responsibility of all classroom teachers to model Spanish at all times in front of students, other than during the English instructional block. 
    2. Parents – please support the teachers in this. If you come to the classroom, all English conversation should take place outside the classroom/in the hallway.
  7. Amities
    1. Application – how many amities do we want?
      1. Asked for 4, not sure how many we will get.
    2. Stipend - amities receive $2300 for the entire year/10 months, and don't get a first payment until the END of October. This makes September-October challenging for amities and their host families.
    3. Amities have to pay for lunch out of their own pockets. Other schools (Eden Prairie, Robbinsdale, Edina etc.) cover these lunches through the PTO budget.
      1. Can PTSO provide a stipend to cover this next year and going forward? $300/amity is the ask from RDLS to PTSO ($300 only covers 80 days at the adult lunch price – this would just be to assist, would not cover a lunch every day for the entire year).
      2. What can we do this year?
        1. Might individuals sponsor an amity?
        2. What about an amity specific fundraiser?
    4. Does the amity's stipend cut into the school’s budget?
      1. No, each school has a budget for the year that they can use with some discretion. 
      2. Amities cost the school $5,000/each – the bulk of that money is for the paperwork/program. Amities only get $2,200 (2018-2019); $2,300 (2019-2020).
  8. MCAs  
    1. Norms for staff going into the analysis 
      1. Be courageous in conversations
      2. Assume positive intentions
    2. Data Dialogue Record
      1. Predict – what do you predict the MCA data is going to look like? (what was your essential learning and what will the data show?)
        1. I predict… I wonder… I assume… I expect…
      2. Go Visual – Make the data come alive through visual representations
      3. Observe – what does the data show?
        1. Observe – do not infer! Do not use “because” statements.
          1. I observe… I notice… there is… I am struck by…
      4. Infer & Question – consider the possible reasons for the results you observed
    3. 2018 MCA Reading Proficiency 3rd-5thgrade
      1. Numbers have gone done across the district – including at RDLS
      2. MCAs are testing student's reading proficiency in English – students only receive formal English instruction starting in 3rdgrade
      3. Will our students always be tested in English?
        1. Yes, Minnesota does not allow other languages for MCAs
        2. MAP testing - we do test in Spanish but MAP is only through 2ndgrade
    4. 2018 MCA Math Proficiency – 3rd-5thgrades
      1. Again numbers have gone down across the district – including at RDLS
    5. School Improvement Plan [What actions will we take? What actions have been effective? What did people struggle with? What will you do to retest or refine, embed a change, reject a strategy, or create a new plan? What will you do for students who did not learn the material?]
      1. Based on data dig done in June
        1. Submitted on 9/1/2018
        2. Revised and resubmitted quarterly
      2. Title I school
        1. Means all students can receive instructional benefits
        2. School-wide
        3. You received and signed a form at Open House
      3. Goals for 18-19 school year
        1. Reading goal – 3% as a school
        2. Math goal – 3% as a school
      4. Summary – hard copy passed out at meeting 
      5. Professional Learning Community
        1. Allison Wolf - Reading Specialist
        2. Ken Friel - Math Specialist
        3. Melissa Ness - Teaching Coach
      6. Q: Can we incorporate a reading specialist night like the math specialist night?
    6. REQUEST: $300 for headphones for after school learning center? Sra. Hultengren
      1.  Approved by majority!

Meeting Minutes - November 13, 2018

posted Nov 20, 2018, 7:34 AM by Nicole Engel   [ updated Nov 20, 2018, 7:38 AM ]

  1. Fundraising
    1. Looking to form a fundraising team – group of 4-5 people to get together to plan and assist with fundraising events for the year
    2. Led by Jen Connelly
      1. Jen will lead the team. Individuals on the committee can be involved in various ways, according to their skillset/comfort level: volunteer on day of event, marketing, translation, getting donations, purchasing the film/buying the licensing, etc.
    3. We made $800 at the Glow Run Event on 10/26!
    4.  Family Fun Night is always a “suggested donation.” Everyone is welcome! It is a community builder, as well as a fundraiser. 
    5. RDLS PTSO made $7400 this year in the CherryDale Fundraiser!
      1. CherryDale pickup will be Tuesday, 11/20. Mike will need two volunteers on the day of. 
      2. We need a new parent to take the lead on Cherrydale moving forward (2019-2020). 
        1. Ann volunteered to step in to the role. Thank you Ann!
    6. Family Movie Night, December 7th– Incredibles 2
      1. A more expensive event to put on than the Glow Run because we have to buy the rights to the film. 
      2. We will have table games in the gym, as well.
    7. Thank you to all the new parents who volunteered for the Glow Run Event! We appreciate you!
  2. Senora Carrie Taylor’s ask
    1. Has started a choir for the 5thgraders.
    2. 1stperformance will be at the Latin American Festival on 12/21.
    3. Needed 25 students to be approved -- 33 5thgraders have joined! 
    4. Performances scheduled throughout the year, including at the Mall of America in the spring. 
    5. Has asked PTSO to fund some of the transportation costs for the new choir.
      1. Motion to approve $120 for transportation? Seconded. Voted. Motion passed.
  3. PTSO is purchasing spirit wear t-shirts for all of the students at RDLS. Will be ordered tomorrow!
  4. Attendees’ questions:
    1. RDLS calendar is empty again online. Nikki (PTSO secretary) will look into it.
    2. What is the status of the classroom book project (surplus money from playground money that was raised)? In process. Hopefully order will be placed in 2-3 weeks. 
    3.  What is Erin Hernandez’s role on the PTSO? Erin is the room parent coordinator, a position which is not on the PTSO Board, but she also assists the PTSO Volunteer Coordinator at times. 

1-10 of 82