Meeting Notes from December 14, 2010 English
Post date: Jan 9, 2011 9:10:42 PM
Notes from RDLS PTSO Meeting 12/14/2010
1. City Kid Java
· Per Lisa Hintermeister - 355 units sold with profit in the neighborhood of $1000-$1100.
· This is a raise in revenues from last year in the ballpark of $250-$300 despite smaller margins on chocolate and cocoa.
· Each teacher will receive a chocolate bar as a token of appreciation.
· Lisa is looking for feedback from parents on the order form, messaging, timelines, etc. Please contact her via email email@example.com
2. Purchase Request – Dollies for Musical Instruments
· Kathy Lubbe is requesting carts for the new xylophones.
· A proto-type was on display and members brainstormed on how to build/buy/create.
· Kathy is in process of getting plans and the group put in motion the request to purchase materials once the plans and builder are secured.
· Thanks to everyone for their efforts.
3. School Sign – Brett Behnke
· Concerns were raised by Dr. Slotterback regarding the need for an LED/Lighted sign at the school as no other elementary school in the district has one.
· District funds will not be used for the sign.
· If RDLS explores, we will need to approval from homeowners and neighbors in the area. We need to have a community neighborhood meeting to deliver our plan, receive input/feedback and gain approval from the community.
· This project is been put on hold.
4. Playground Addition – Luis Versalles
· Received proposal of annual Capital Project for District for next 5 years.
· The district faces close to $1 million in cuts for upcoming year.
· Money is going to necessities like lockers, PA systems, building safety, etc.
· RDLS will get new blacktop on playground.
· A volunteer suggested SHIP (Statewide Health Improvement group who visited last meeting) could help with playground equipment.
5. School Website – Jeremy Kidd
· Update on new site including page owners for fundraisers and different board functions;
· Assistance is needed with Spanish translation.
· Domain name discussed – PTSO vs. PTO. Move passed to order two domain names and have them both funnel to the website. Cost of each is $15 per domain name per year.
6. Book Swap – Stacey Gibbs
· Looking to do a book swap within the RDLS community.
· Ideas were discussed to have it as a fundraiser and coincide with one of the school events such as curriculum night or potluck.
· Extra books would be donated to school.
· More brainstorming and details to come.
7. SPAC Report – Brett
· Budget cuts expected - bleak
· Levy will be coming up
· Moratorium on technology purchases as district has two computers for every student.
8. Community Outreach – Joy Jurewicz
· Discussed work by Jeremy Kidd on website
· Looking to adopt Christian Park for Community Service project
9. Davanni’s Fundraiser – Brett
· Davanni’s will donate 20% of sales to customers with RDLS coupon flyers during event
· Must present coupon in order to get credit for sale
· Can have volunteer distributing coupons to RDLS families at event
· Looking to do event in January 2011
10. Read-a-Thon Planning – Brett
· Will happen in February to coincide during conferences.
· Need to get word out to Kindergarten and First Grade families as this is a big fundraiser for the school
· Need higher involvement rate percentage from Kinder and First Grades – need better messaging for newer families.
11. Applebee’s Pancake Breakfast – Matt Jurewicz
· Sad news as Applebee’s is booked until July 2011. No fundraiser this year.
· Motion to try to secure a date in September/October 2011.
· Need to give Applebee’s two week notice on ticket sales.
12. Pennies for Patients – Melissa Campana
· Collect loose change to raise money for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society
· Class who collects the most money will win a Dominoes Pizza Party
· Runs January 2011 thru Feb 16th
· Teaches students empathy for others
13. Name Switch from PTSO to PTO
· Debate regarding name change and what costs will be incurred
· Motion to keep name PTSO – stay the course, eliminate future confusion
1. Movie Night Fundraiser
· Kids gather in gym for pizza and movie (shown in Spanish?)
· Small fee collected – goes to support PTSO
· Builds community
2. Room/Teacher Signs – Luis Versalles
· Professional signs hung from drop ceiling naming Teacher and Room number
· Possible Background Themes included flags from South American Countries
· More research on costs, materials and resources